The first question pops up in one’s mind when thinking about hiring app development services. If you are taking a start in a business world or want to adopt a digital ecosystem for an existing venture, in that case, the requirement to contact an app development agency is prevalent.
The answer to the question is not complicated if you follow a step-by-step approach and know what to do.
Make your hiring journey safe by going through this article and finding out the essentials to consider when selecting app development services for your business.
Is it Worth Having an App Developer?
If we reword the above question to “Does your business require an application?”, think of the answer. And if it is yes, then it becomes mandatory to hire an experienced and talented app developer. Developing an app is a complex task, involves many technicalities, and having the professional at your side to handle challenges always pays off.
What to Consider Before App Developer Hiring?
Problem and its Solution
Defining the audience base is the very first thing to do. After finding the pinpoints, you can jump over the solutions.
Find your Audience: You can start analyzing gender, age groups, salaries, education, occupation, then move further with lifestyle, principles, attitude, personality, and other traits.
Authenticate the Problem: Discuss the problems you found in your research that your potential audience is presently facing. Don’t rely entirely on the hypothesis and interact with few customers; instead to study the impact of the problem.
Verify the Solution: At this stage, brainstorm for an effective solution. Researching the rivals and observing their moves can bring a more vivid understanding. When you get the plan in hand, begin with the prototyping or create a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) instead to testify your solution in the market.
State Goals Clearly
When things are clear to you from top to bottom, the steps required in the development process become easy to take. The cost factor also becomes predictable. You know that app with complex interface costs high than an app with a simple design. Experts recommend always start with the simple, then gradually include more as it progresses and performs. When you know the challenges of the project, defining timeline, cost, process iterations becomes easy.
Selecting the Development Service Type
Freelance Development Service
The range of quality and price is incredible in the freelance world. Choosing the right performer from the pool is quite challenging. There are several freelance websites crammed with thousands of freelance app developers.
However, if your need is for only a small task and you require services for a short period, then a freelance developer becomes the best option for you.
Let’s discuss the pros and cons of contracting with the freelancer and what to expect from them.
Pros of Hiring Freelancers
They are cheaper than the development agencies, and businesses choose them to save on their budget.
A contact between a freelancer and a business owner is direct. There is no middle man or spokesperson to talk on each other’s behalf. It becomes beneficial in many cases as both parties are directly involved.
When you require services for a short period, freelance developers take precedence over the development agencies and cost you inexpensive.
Freelancers are usually flexible and adjust themselves according to the client’s requirements and expectations.
Not every time, but freelancers can develop and deliver projects faster than the agencies.
Cons of Hiring Freelancers
- The probability of missing the deadline is high. There will be no substitute if the freelancer becomes ill. Finding a replacement in the middle of a project is challenging.
- Separating professionals from amateurs on the freelance platform is a tedious task. Some balloon their skills initially and become a pain in the neck for your business afterward.
- As freelance developers work remotely, it becomes challenging to monitor and control the development process.
- The risk of fraud always prevails in this world- especially when you meet someone on the platform relatively new.
- If your freelance resource operates from a different geographical location, getting surety about the company’s data protection and privacy from him is a bit difficult. Signing a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) here also fails sometimes.
- There is a risk that freelancers can leave you in the mid of the project or can raise their service price at any time.
App development Agency Service
A typical agency consists of a team, including backend developers, frontend developers, project managers, designers, and quality assurance engineers. The one significant benefit is that you get all expertise under one roof. You can hire app development services in Alabama, Dubai, Arizona, and any other part of the world to make your having business app come true.
Pros of Hiring App Development Agency Service
- It saves your significant time as you do not have to wander here and there for different services.
- It may sound expensive initially but bring incredible benefits in the long run.
- You do not have to look at everything on your own; An agency takes care of all things and makes you tension-free.
- The need to interview, hire, and train developers become obsolete.
- Your project will be assigned a dedicated development team as soon you sign a contract with them.
- Tons of reviews from former clients you can evaluate before hiring a development agency.
- Websites like Clutch also help you in choosing the best agencies. This website ranks the development
- companies based on their market research and findings to bring transparency.
- Case studies, testimonials, and developers’ portfolios are good sources of reference to measure the company’s market reputation.
Cons of Hiring App Development Agency Service
- There are many policies of a development agency which client has to follow
- They are expensive than freelance development.
- In some situations, clients have to make some compromises.
- It is tough to find the best one in the market with a 100% success rate.
- The development process of an agency consumes much more time than the freelance development service.
Summary of How to Hire Best App Development Services
In essence, go through the following checklist to effectively hire an app developer for your business and rule the kingdom.
- Analyze the app’s requirements, needs, and set priorities accordingly.
- Go through the developer’s or company’s profile to know about their commitments and work more.
- Seek feedback from their former clients if possible.
- Evaluate them according to your project goal.
- While discussing the project, consider involving the developer in a meeting as well.
- Analyze the entire software development lifecycle along with future maintenance and support.
- Do not neglect the app’s security aspect at any cost.
- Sync the developer proposal with the project timeline and budget.
- Finally, agree upon the terms and conditions and sign the contract.
- Create a partnership to avail benefits in the long run.
Hiring an app development service is not difficult if you perform research beforehand. Compared to freelance development, hiring a local development agency is more advantageous and worth investment. They also cover project management and business analysis, along with development. So, all in all, you get protected from everywhere.