The application of tarpaulin is very wide. Its main function is sun protection and rain protection. Although it may be displayed in different forms depending on its application field, its performance is basically the same. This article mainly introduces you to where tarpaulins can play a role.
Applications of tarpaulin
1、It can be used as cover for trucks, cars, trains and ships. It is better to use PVC coated tarpaulin, which are UV-resistant and highly tear-resistant and durable. It can be used for 4-6 years even in bad weather.
Unisign’s PVC tarpaulin is formed in one pass using an advanced knife-scraping technique, resulting in a smooth surface. We encrypt the buttonholes in the process of designing and weaving the PVC tarpaulin, which is firm and durable, not deformed, easy to fix, and does not rust. The high temperature heat sealing process is used for edge pressing, the connection is tight, there is no gap, no pinholes and no water leakage. Thickened fabric, strong and durable, quality assurance.
2、It can be used as a cover for open warehouse stacks in stations, docks, seaports and airports.
3、It can be used to cover various crops in the open air.
4、It can be processed into camping tents and outer sheaths of various machinery and equipment.
5、It can be used as a material for building temporary sheds and temporary warehouses on construction sites.
6、It can be processed into large-scale entertainment toys in scenic spots, such as inflatable trampolines, inflatable water slides, inflatable castles, inflatable tents, inflatable slides, inflatable boats, inflatable car wash pads, inflatable movie screens, etc.
7、Can be used as garden fence protection and decoration.
8、It can be made into medical mattresses, privacy curtains, sports cushions, etc.
9、Can be used in swimming pools, water recreation, first aid facilities, reservoirs, roofing, waterproofing and drainage systems, swimming pool fences, etc.
10、 PVC tarpaulin’s Super Clear PVC Film series can be used to make PVC table cloth, transparent door, window curtain, clear tent, stationary bags, furniture accessories.
For more information visit this site: superratmachine
The extensive use of tarpaulin can protect goods or various materials from rainwater washing, which brings great convenience to users.
What are the performance indicators to be considered when using tarpaulins?
Considering the various uses of tarpaulin, the general requirements that should be met are:
(1) Good waterproof and breathable performance, anti-condensation on the inside.
(2)High strength, wear resistance and long service life.
For more information visit this site : feedsportal
(3)Light weight, easy to fold, easy to carry and operate.
(4) Acid and alkali resistance, mildew proof and corrosion proof.
(5) Good weather resistance, flame retardant and fireproof.
(6) No wicking effect, no moisture conduction phenomenon.
Tarpaulins are generally required to have “3 defenses” functions. Namely waterproof, fireproof (flame retardant), mildew proof.
【Main performance indicators of tarpaulin】
In the specific product design or use, the following performance indicators of the tarpaulin should be considered.
- Elongation and dimensional stability: As a roof tent and a large tent, it is often used under tension. The elongation of the fabric should not be too large, and its dimensional stability is determined by the creep characteristics of the material.
- Tensile strength: The tarpaulin must be subjected to various tensions during use, such as tension when it is fixed; it must be subjected to additional forces such as wind, rain, and province during use. Despite these external forces, they are still required to maintain their original shape and not easily deform, which requires the tarpaulin to have a high tensile strength, and there should not be too much difference in the tensile strength of the warp and weft. In particular, the tensile strength of large tents used as inflatable buildings is extremely important. Generally, the base fabric is made of high-strength polyester, vinylon and other long-fiber fabrics. Waterproof finishing with vinyl chloride resin and chlorosulfonated polyethylene resin. The strength of the product is mainly determined by the strength of the fiber material and the density of the fabric.
- Air permeability: The air permeability of tarpaulins is considered, especially for military tent fabrics. The factors affecting air permeability include base fabric organization, density, material, type of waterproof finishing agent, and resin adhesion. With the increase of resin adhesion, the air permeability of the tarpaulin decreased. Of course this depends on the finishing agent used. Generally, most of the tents with air permeability are made of cotton, vinylon, lacquer and other short fiber fabrics finished with paraffin or acrylic resin.
- Water resistance: Water resistance is an important feature of tarpaulins. By dipping and finishing, the vinyl chloride fat is filled in the gaps of the fabric to form a coating film. If the resin adhesion amount per unit area exceeds a certain level, water resistance will not be a problem. If the coating film is thin, when it is bent, rubbed or worn on the surface, the coating film is easily broken, which may cause muddy water.
- Tear strength: tarpaulin damage is mainly caused by tearing, so tear strength is an important indicator of tarpaulin. The tear strength is related to whether the tarpaulin will break due to the action of flying foreign objects or expand to the surrounding after forming holes for some reasons, forming large structural cracks.
How to use and maintain the tarpaulin:
- When using the tarpaulin, avoid sharp objects from scratching the fabric, resulting in a decrease in the waterproof performance of the fabric.
- After the waterproof tarpaulin is used, it should be packaged and stored after drying for reuse.
- When stacking the tarpaulin, it should be protected from moisture and rat bites. Depending on the local temperature and climate, it should be dried regularly. If the tarp is a little dirty, a gentle scrubbing with cold water will do the trick! Never use chemical lotions or scrub hard, which will damage the waterproof film on the surface of the fabric and reduce the waterproof effect of the tarpaulin.
- During the handling of the tarpaulin, try to pay attention to the uniform force to prevent damage to the outer packaging, brute force tearing, and dragging on the ground. The tarpaulin can be transported by rolling.
- If the tarpaulin is not a professional fireproof cloth, you should pay attention to keeping it away from fire sources when using it. You should pay more attention to fire prevention when stocking it, and be careful not to throw cigarette butts.
- When the tarpaulin is unfolded, it should be unfolded in a good place, so as to avoid the tarpaulin being damaged due to pulling on the ground.
- Before the tarpaulin is unfolded, the ground should be checked to remove sharp objects to prevent damage to the surface of the PVC tarpaulin.
- Please predict the local wind. When the wind is too strong, please reinforce the PVC waterproof tarpaulin in advance. It is best to fix the tarpaulin to the ground with camp nails.
After the tarpaulin is used, it should be packed in time and stored properly. The following is the specific folding and packing method:
Folding and packing method of tarpaulin:
- First, spread the front of the tarpaulin flat, remember to leave two end ropes (D type is angle rope), and then fold the two sides of the length direction to the longitudinal center line of the tarpaulin.
- Then divide the folded two sides into three equal parts, and fold them twice toward the longitudinal center line.
- Fold both sides of the tarpaulin in the width direction to the horizontal center line of the tarpaulin, and then fold each of them toward the center twice (three times for the D type).
- Use reserved rope for bundling, and tie crosses on both sides. Be sure to tighten and tie the rope tightly. At the same time, the rope head is fortified, and the rope cannot be loosened or the rope buckle will fall off, and the bundled tarpaulin must not be delayed.
- It is easy to use when folded, and the small road signs and numbers on the tarpaulin should be well and clearly exposed for the next use.