The 6 Most Recommended WordPress Backup Plugins
Creating a website or a blog is not a hectic task nowadays. However, managing and keeping it updated surely are not easy tasks as these require a lot of time and continuous effort. Imagine a situation where you lose all or some of your information or content on your site. It would be extremely difficult to redo all your content if you lack a backup plan. That’s why one needs to opt for multiple techniques to ensure high-level security to the website.
The most common Content Management System (CMS) used all over the world for building websites (including blogs) is WordPress. Thousands of cases have been reported over the years where website owners lost all their data and database files and could not recover it. The core reason behind this mishap is the absence of data backup plan. We have already shared some amazing tips & tricks to boost your WordPress Security in one of our recent posts. In this post we bring you some most recommended WordPress plugins to have a safe and secure backup of your WordPress data.
Backing up all your content stored in your WordPress site is no more a chaotic task in the presence of several plugins and extensions available in the market. These plugins are installed in your WordPress site and allow you to create a complete and secure backup of all your data. This helps in removing the chaos of going for multiple techniques in order to recover your data that is not backed up.
The Most Recommended WordPress Backup Plugins
Here, we have compiled some famous WordPress plugins that are most widely used. These plugins eliminate the need of having a manual backup which is a boring and time consuming task. Have a look at this list and make your WordPress site or blog all secure.
VaultPress is one of the most famous plugin for creating a secure backup of the entire database stored on your WordPress site. It creates a backup of your WordPress data in the most efficient way. Although it is a brilliant plugin, yet it has certain cons along with many pros.
- Simple interface
- One-click restore
- Concierge Service – a service offered by the security specialists at VaultPress to offer additional assistance to keep your website secure
- Lacks the option for backed up data storage location
- Potentially, any unauthorized user can get access to your site’s back-end if the Concierge Service is compromised
- Starting price: $15 per month
This is another remarkable WordPress backup plugin making your data safe and secure by creating a complete backup of it. Have a look at BackWPup‘s pros and cons mentioned below:
- Schedule various backup processes
- Options to select storage location for your backups
- Control over what files, folders, and database tables you want to backup
- Able to sync with numerous services: Microsoft Azure, Google Drive, FTP, Amazon S3, Email, Rackspace Cloud, Dropbox, etc
- Ability to make folders
- Simple restore
- No warranty or support except via forum
This is the plugin that appears in almost all the searches for WordPress backup because of its simple and clear name. Just like its name, Backup, its functioning is also simple.
- Scheduling system for backups
- Offers an option to choose what to be backed up
- Able to store backups on Google Drive or on local drives
- Alert notifications through email when an error occurs
- Simple to use
- No options for Dropbox or Amazon S3 as backup storage
WP-DB-Backup is a free backup plugin for your WordPress site that offers a secure backup creation of all the stored content along with database. Although it is free, yet its services are commendable.
- Low-impact script
- Only backs up the database, no files
- It’s been quite long since its last update
- Offers an option to choose what to be backed up
- No support, not even through forums
5. WP-DB Manager
Another recommended plugin in the row is WP-DB Manager. The core reason behind its popularity and wide usage is that it emails its user a daily backup.
- Emails Daily Backup
- Leverages regular, automated optimization and repair of database
- Boosts the speed of the website
- Quite vague usage
- Entry level is not basic, and you need to have server access as it is not always plug and play.
The last but not the least in our list of most recommended WordPress plugin is BlogVault. It is a brilliant tool for creating backup with simple and easy usability.
- Free Trial
- Fully managed service
- Fast support response time
- Option of backing up individual files
- Simple blog migration
- It is a web-based service that may turn out to be disturbing and annoying.
- $9 per month for a single site to $39 a month for 7 sites.
With these brilliant WordPress backup plugins and extensions, you can create a backup of your entire data. Now you do not need to worry if somehow you lose some or all of the content stored in your WordPress site or blog.
We hope that these recommendations would be quite helpful to our readers. Following our trend, we’ll be sharing more knowledge gaining stuff in the coming time. So stay tuned to Cloudreviews and learn some incredible technological stuff.