Liverpool is a city that is known for its sports. Whether you’re a fan of football, rugby, cricket, or any other sport, there are plenty of places in Liverpool where you can catch a game. In addition to watching sports at bars and stadiums, there are also plenty of activities that you can do to get active or have fun in Liverpool. Here are 11 incredibly sporty things to do in Liverpool!
- Watch a Premier League football game at Anfield or Goodison Park.
Both stadiums are historic and have tons of atmosphere on game days.
- Take a stadium tour at either Anfield or Goodison Park to see the inner workings of the stadiums and learn about the history of Liverpool FC or Everton FC. Stadium tours are cheap, fun and a unique activity for sports fans.
- Play a round of golf at Junkyard Golf Club, where you can putt your way through crazy, themed mini-golf courses while sipping on cocktails.
- Attend a horse race at Haydock Park Racecourse, one of the top racecourses in England with over 250 years of history. Take your chances and place some bets on the horses!
- Learn how to sail at Wirral Sailing Centre, where you can take classes or rent boats for a day on the water. A beautiful and fun activity for a sunny day.
- Participate in a 5k run, such as the BTR Liverpool 5k Series held throughout the year. There are plenty of fun themed runs, and you can challenge yourself to improve your time with each race.
- Watch sports and play pool or darts at The Bierkeller sports bar, which also has a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as steins of cocktails. The German sports bar even has student discounts, so make sure to take advantage.
- Go on a walking tour of Liverpool and see some of the city’s top landmarks, such as the Royal Albert Dock or Liverpool Cathedral.
- Rent a bike and cycle through Liverpool, stopping at attractions like Albert Dock or The Beatles Story museum. Cycling is a cheap and environmentally friendly way to explore the city.
- Visit Newsham Park for sports facilities, including tennis courts, a football pitch, and a BMX track. It’s also a beautiful park with a lake where you can have a picnic or go for a peaceful walk.
No matter what your sport of choice is, there are plenty of ways to be active and have fun in Liverpool. So grab some friends and get ready for a day of sports and excitement in this vibrant city.
- Visit one of Liverpool’s many sports centres, such as Greenbank Sports Academy or Wavertree Sports Park, to play sports or use their gym facilities. Whether you want to join a sports team, take a fitness class, or just work out on your own, the sports centres in Liverpool have something for everyone.
There’s lots to do in Liverpool for sports fans, and a wide variety of fun things to do. From trendy sports bars to world renowned Premier League stadiums, Liverpool has it all. So, what are you waiting for? Grab some friends and get sporty in Liverpool!