To learn how to play poker is not a hard task, given the right tutorial. Poker is a card game that involves the players betting on their own cards. It is a form of gambling. Each player is dealt five cards, and he must use these cards to form a strong hand (combination of cards). There are 10 possible hands, listed from the highest to the lowest:
Royal Flush: It consists of a 10, Jack, Queen, King and Ace- all of the same suit. It is incredibly hard to get a royal flush. You might want to learn how to play poker but keep in mind getting a royal flush is a rare occurrence.
Straight Flush: This requires 5 cards, in a sequence, and all belonging to the same suit. E.g. a 2,3,4,5 and 6 of clubs. Remember- 2,3, Ace, King, Queen is an invalid straight flush.
Four of a Kind: A four of a kind occurs when the player has four cards of the same numerical ranking and one extra card. E.g.- a King, King, King, King and a 2.
Full House: It consists of three cards of the same numerical value, and a pair. Eg. Ace, ace, ace and a pair of sevens. A hand is always judged, first by its three-of-a-kind and after that by its pair.
Flush: A flush is composed of five cards of the same suit. The numerical rank does not make a difference. E.g. – an Ace, 3, 7, 9 and Jack of hearts.
Straight: This consists of five cards in a numerical sequence, regardless of their suit. Here, too the sequence 2, 3, Ace, King and Queen is invalid.
Three of a Kind: This is a hand which has three cards of the same numerical value and two extra cards. E.g. A seven, seven, seven, and two other cards.
Two Pairs: It is composed of two sets of pairs and another extra card.
One pair: In the event that two players have a single pair, the player with the higher ranking pair wins.
High Cards: If none of the above hands are formed then the player with the highest ranking card based on the numerical value will win. If you want to learn how to play poker, you must know that 2 is the lowest and Ace is the highest card.
The rules you have to know to learn how to play poker are:
– Each player first places a predefined token amount as ante. This is to ensure that there is always some amount to be won.
– The cards are dealt. You can either start by opening the pot (begin betting) or checking (waiting for someone else to start betting). If you want to learn how to play poker you can’t always be nervous to open the pot.
– A player can fold, or opt out of the game at any time. If you want to learn how to play poker you can’t always be cautious. Learn how to take risks!
– The game progresses, and each player has to either see the previous player (match his bet), raise him (bet a larger amount), or fold.
– After one round of betting all the players still in the game can discard up to 3 unwanted cards and pick up new ones.
– The game ends when there are no more raises, or when every player except one has folded.
– The remaining players compare their cards and the one with the highest hand wins. The pot (all the money built-up) goes to him.
This is how you can learn to play poker, in a nutshell!
The most frustrating part in playing online poker games is which hand in the poker table will outranks another. So, poker players should be aware of the poker hands ranking. Flush refers to any five cards not in the same sequence but in the same suit. Five cards may be not of the same colors. If two or more players have a flush, the one who hold the high card will be the winner. Four o f a Kind means all four cards are of the same index. Full House applies to a three of a kind cards being combined to be paired. A player can’t have in any single deck two equal sets of three of a kind. On the other hand, High Card is being utilized to determine a tie if no one in the players has a winning hand. If in case a tie occurred in the highest cards, the second-highest card must be determined.
A pair is consisting of one pair of two equal value cards. Straight happens if five cards are not in the same suit but are in sequence. A player should always put into mind that a straight can never wrap. The post is split whenever there is a tie in straights. Straight Flush on the other hand, refers to five cards in the same suit and is in sequence. All the cards must be consecutive and of the same suit. The value of the high end of the straight is the determinant in ranking between straights. Royal Flush means five cards in the same suit and in sequence from 10 to Ace. Also, Two Pair consists of two pairs which are separated. The winner if in case tie occurs is determined by the pair which has the higher value.