Having lactation cookies is one of the best ways to increase the milk supply. The cookies are generally made with galactagogues and other ingredients to boost breastmilk production. A lactation cookie company can manufacture cookies and snacks that can help in boosting breast milk production.
Do the cookies work?
Yes, the lactation cookies work for breast milk production. The galactagogues which are found in various herbs can promote lactation. Galactagogues consist of fennel seed, milk thistle, turmeric, oatmeal, and others.
Ingredients of The Lactation Cookies:
Lactation cookies consist of some active ingredients like- Flax Seed, Fenugreek, Brewer’s yeast and Oats. Thebenifits of having these are
- Flax Seed- Phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, copper, selenium, calcium, and other micronutrients are included within the Flaxseed. It is also an excellent source of EPA and DHA, which helps in the growth and development of your baby when they consume breast milk.
- Fenugreek- All lactating mothers may not get benefits from this spice, but some of them can get the benefits from this aromatic spice. The galactagogue effect can produce some sweet glands that can increase milk production. Lactation cookie companies can produce ready-made lactation cookies.
- Brewer’s Yeast- It is an excellent source of Vitamin B, as energy production is necessary for nursing mothers.
- Oatmeal- This fibre-rich food contains proteins, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Prolactin hormone is produced, which helps lactating mothers to improve their milk production. Vitamin B and magnesium content can produce a soothing effect in the body.
How To Know When You Have Low Milk Supply?
There are signs which indicate that you have a low milk supply. 2 indicators signify that you are not producing sufficient milk.
- Not Sufficient Weight of The Baby- Though your baby’s weight can significantly decrease, the weight should increase gradually by the end of the second week. A healthy baby should regain 4-7 oz of weight every week. When your baby’s weight is not regaining at this pace, you should understand the signs of a low milk supply.
- Not sufficient dirty diapers- Keep a track of your baby’s poo and pee in 24-hour format. Within the first week, on average, 6-8 diapers for wetness and a couple of dirty diapers are required to be changed per day.
When To Start Lactation Cookies?
As soon as you have a baby, milk production should start. Proper hydration, nutrition, and relaxation can help improve the milk supply. Your lactation bites should be kept ready in advance so that you can start taking the cookies as soon as the hunger craves in.
How to Store The Cookies?
If you have baked your cookies, you must make them cool and place them inside the airtight container before keeping them in the freezer. If you want to reheat the cookies, you can reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds.
The lactation cookie company can produce lactation cookies that are ready for biting. If you have kept your cookies ready in advance, lactating mothers can easily grab them when their hunger strikes in.