Fashion

Diamonds: Real vs fake rings that look real

Diamonds have been known to be one of the symbols of love and adornment. Receiving a diamond ring usually guarantees a special moment in one’s life. There are many considerations in buying diamond jewelry and different benefits for each kind. Now more than ever, it is becoming increasingly difficult to tell the difference between real and fake rings diamond.

History

Diamonds have been treasured as prized stones since their use as religious symbolism in ancient India. Most natural diamonds are formed under high-pressure, high-temperature conditions. For hundreds of years, diamonds have been imitated by man-made materials. However cubic zirconia quickly began to dominate the fake diamond market after its introduction in 1976, and to this day, it remains the most economically important fake diamond. Technological advancements have seen the development of fake diamonds with even more characteristics than those of real diamonds.

Facts

Diamonds are made of carbon, and they are the hardest element of the jewel family. All diamonds are at least 990,000,000 years old, and some may be up to 3.2 billion years old. Although diamonds are a rare commodity, only 20 percent are gem-quality, leaving the other 80 percent to be sold in a managed retail environment, and the waste is used for industrial purposes. Just as there are many different grades of real diamonds, there are also many different lab grown diamonds. Superior cut, polish, maximum brilliance, can create a noticeable difference between simulated diamonds and cubic zirconia.

For the inexperienced eye, it can be very difficult to detect the difference between real and fake rings. In some cases, a rhinestone ring can be easy to spot, whether it is made of crystal or glass. Stones such as cubic zirconia have very similar qualities to real diamonds, and it can be more difficult to determine authenticity. One of the true characteristics of detecting a true diamond is its hardness. 

Types

When it comes to real and fake rings diamond there are more types. As for stones, the two most common are cubic zirconia diamonds that can be machine cut or hand cut. And moissanite diamonds, which are more durable than zirconia diamonds, but still not as hard as real diamonds. Real diamonds have different colors and could be worth a lot more than you think. Pink, blue and yellow diamonds are extremely unique and therefore are more and more expensive.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Check Also
Close
Back to top button